William Mosby, proprietor of the King and Mosby Saloon, acquired this property in 1889. By 1890, a one-story residence with a square corner bay occupied the lot. Mosby and his wife, Eliza, sold the house for $2,000 to Jeremiah and Kate Mullins in 1893. Mullins, also a prosperous saloon proprietor and secretary/treasurer of the Tivoli Brewing Company, was likely responsible for extensive remodeling. Mullins built the one-story extension before 1900 and later added a second story. He left his name carved in the granite doorstep and his initials etched in the beveled glass of the front door. The striking curved glass parlor bay, reconfigured from the square bay, highlights the façade. Original Victorian-era interior finishings include a double staircase, wainscoting, a large ornately crafted support pillar, maple floors, and light fixtures untouched by twentieth-century remodeling. By 1920, widow Elizabeth Dolan Kane lived here with five of her children. The home remained in the Kane family until 1976.